This verse stood out on account of its simplicity.
- God has been so good to me, therefore I will sing to Him.
- It is a natural outflow from a grateful heart.
- It is very personal because the goodness of God has been directed towards me as an individual.
- The response wells up from within me to sing forth praise to the Lord.
- There are no requirements or restrictions as to time or place or positioning
- I can sit; stand; kneel; lie on my bed
- I can be alone or in the company of others
- It can be first thing in the morning; midday; evening; or in the middle of the night
What a simple way to thank God for the good things He has done for me!