- God is the one who gives insight.
- Insight is gained through careful study and thought of God's Word. It is not through scholarly study, but rather contemplating what the scripture says and means, and what my response should be.
"My son, pay attention to my wisdom, listen well to my words of insight, that you may maintain discretion and your lips may preserve knowledge." Proverbs 5:1,2 NIV)
- Wisdom and insight go hand in hand. They result in discretion and knowledge when they are not only considered, but heeded and put into practice.
"There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord." Proverbs 21:30 NIV)
- Wisdom and insight are to function in accordance with God's Word and His will.
- Knowledge and insight are the guardians or parameters of love and how we can discern what is best. There are often many options of good, but only one is best. The true test or characteristic of the best is if it leads us to be pure and blameless and filled with the fruit of righteousness. We will be more fruitful and exhibit the fruit of the Spirit when we apply knowledge and insight, and choose the best over the many good options. This will bring praise and glory to God. It is only through Jesus that we can do this. It is not in our own strength or ability, but rather relying on and surrendering to Jesus.
"Reflect on what I am saying, for the Lord will give you insight into all this." 2Timothy 2:7 NIV)
- God does give us insight.