Saturday 6 September 2008

New Things

I have many thoughts swirling around in my head. There were two life-altering events that happened at this time of year; one being when I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. At first, I thought it odd that both of these events happened around my anniversary and my birthday. Anniversaries and birthdays represent new life, while these events were either the death of some things or the potential of death. Maybe the significance of the timing had to do with the birth of a new life; a new way of doing things; a new outlook; and new ventures.

I know that God is leading me, one step at a time. I have had a growing desire to connect with some younger moms. That is why I have chosen to attend the Thursday morning Bible study at The Hub. When I heard about the Moms To Moms program my heart leapt at this "window of opportunity" to be involved with younger moms. I do not know what this will lead to, but I know that God is "doing a new thing" in my life and He is "making a way in the desert".

"See, the former things have taken place, and new things I declare, before they spring into being I announce them to you." Isaiah 42:9 (NIV)

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up, do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." Isaiah 43:18,19 (NIV)

1 comment:

ruth at comfort cafe said...

Hello,

I am contacting all the sites on our blogroll at www.comfort-cafe.net/blog. If you link to us, please update our URL to www.comfort-cafe.net/blog (the old was sold out from under us). Also, if you'd like to add an image button, let me know and I'll send you the code.

Blessings,


Ruth
"The Lord is close to a broken heart..." Ps. 34:18

Related Posts with Thumbnails