Monday 3 November 2008

Hair, There, and Everywhere

I never thought I would see the day when I would say that I don't like my hair. Well, I probably should qualify that statement by saying that I like my hair, I just don't like how it looks at the moment.

When I was losing my hair due to chemotherapy I could hardly wait for my hair to grow again! It was a novelty when it started to grow in curly. It looked cute and fashionable when it was shorter, but now that it is a couple of inches long I think that it looks old-fashioned! I think that I look like I am from the 1950's or 1960's!

It is now possible for me to awaken with bed-head and also to have bad hair days! Sometimes my hair seems to be going in every direction! I know that this is something that I should be grateful to experience, and I am, but... There is still the fact that there are days when my hair is not as I would like it to be.

I know that my hair is continuing to grow and I am not sure how I will finally have my hair styled. I do like the ease of care with a shorter hairstyle, but I am not sure how short I want to keep it. I am thinking that I would like to grow it a bit more and then maintain that length for a while. It will be interesting to see if my hair continues to have a curl after it has been cut.

2 comments:

Shanita Waters said...

Hi... My first time here. Praise God for the remission of your cancer and better yet you being fully healed in Jesus' name! Boy do I love a good testimony.

As for your hair, in all things give thanks somewhere someone is on chemo and wishing they had curly hair. Pray about it... If God can heal your sickness, surely he can fix your do...

Blessings!!!!
Shanita

Deborah Antonio said...

Wow! That was I quick comment! I had only just published this post! Thanks for your comments Shanita. This post needs to be read with a bit of humour in mind, given the title! I am truly grateful for all that God has done for me, curly hair included!

Related Posts with Thumbnails