Saturday 29 August 2009

Life Goes On

"Life goes on" can be said with a heavy heart that is burdened with cares; but I choose to say "Life goes on" as a declaration of praise! I recently had another 6 month checkup with the oncologist. My CA 125 count is 7 (normal is 0 - 35); it was originally 4095 when I was diagnosed with Stage 3 ovarian cancer in September 2007. My next followup appointment with be in January 2010.

It is as if I have re-entered my life anew as a wife, mother and homemaker. I have a greater desire to live my life in a purposeful and organized manner. I want to rid my home of the unnecessary items that can accumulate over time. By nature I am a pack rat, but that is due to my desire to be prepared for any eventuality that could possibly occur!

These are some of the ways that I have culled; organized; and made use of things:

  • chest freezer: multiple bags of bread crusts - made into bread crumbs; frozen berries- used to make smoothies; questionable leftovers - discarded in green bin; multiple bags of pizza dough scraps - made into two large pizzas

  • canned goods, dry goods and other ingredients on hand - used to create meals and baked goods

  • bags of donated fabric: Christmas fabric I won't make use of - donated to a seniors' centre craft program; I discovered a baby's cloth book pattern - I will make it for a gift, using my cache of sewing notions

There are still areas to go over and items to cull, but since "Life goes on" I will have the time and ability to do that.

2 comments:

Belinda said...

Debby, I celebrate "life going on," with you. How precious it is to know the blessing of each new day as you now do. Praise God for the good check up.

Congratulations on culling and pruning. You are an inspiration to me, a fellow pack rat!

Deborah Antonio said...

Belinda,
Thank you for your prayer support on the journey.

I am happy that my attempts to get organized were an inspiration to you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails