Saturday 7 April 2007

God Wants To Reveal Himself

I am seeing that God places His servants in situations where only God can save; help; restore; preserve. God wants to show His power; to reveal His glory through His people. God is searching for those whose hearts are fully devoted to Him. He is longing to show His power, strength, and might through their lives. God places people in extraordinary circumstances where their own resources cannot save them in order to show Himself strong on their behalf.

I had a picture of me in the hot sun in a desert place. I thought I was all alone yet God had sent me to that place so I could know Him as my shelter; my fortress; my refuge; my strength; my comfort; my protector; all the ways that He has revealed Himself to me over these past months. I wouldn't have known God in the same way, or as intimately, had I not been in that place. I then saw a giant hand shelter me from the sun, creating a shadow. I saw the hand shielding me from predators. I also sensed that I laid back into the hand to rest and to sleep.

"The Lord watches over you- the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all harm - he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore." Psalm 121: 5- 8 (NIV)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails