Tuesday 10 April 2007

A Passionate Love

God is jealous for my love and He won't tolerate any rivals for my affection, trust or devotion. God is passionate about me. He wants me for Himself. My hope, confidence and trust must be in Him and not in myself; or in any other person. God is the Lover of my soul. He knows me intimately and He loves me ardently. He has been pursuing me; blocking me from finding true satisfaction in others.

The reason I love to worship God is because that is a way I tell God I love Him. As I was singing "I Love You, Lord" the thought came to me that it was like spiritual lovemaking. I am yielding myself to God because I love Him. I will allow God to demonstrate His love for me in whatever way He desires because I can trust that God is not going to harm me. Just as I can give myself to my husband and not be ashamed or worry about the flaws of my physical body, so too I can give myself to God and not be ashamed or worry about the spiritual flaws of my spirit or soul. I am being open and vulnerable just as I am in the conjugal lovemaking. Now I understand why the old High Anglican marriage vows says "with my body I thee worship". I understand now why it is said "that to worship is to kiss". It is the intimacy involved in expressing love for God just as we express intimate love for our mates by kissing them on the lips.

God spoke to my heart that He loves me and He brought me to that place of brokenness for me to know that I cannot earn God's love. Nothing I can do can make God love me more; nor can it make God love me less. I am secure in God's love for me.

2 comments:

Belinda said...

Dear Deb,
I'm so glad you are putting your thoughts down and sharing them. I enjoyed reading "A Passionate Love,"

Richard Bowers said...

Hi LDG,
I found your blog by way of Belinda's WHS blog. Yes, God loves us very much. He's also not very fond of those who mess with His children either. A righteous God who judges is a fearsome sight to behold. Do I fear the LORD? You better believe it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails