Friday 3 August 2007

Friendship

On November 5, 1987 I wrote:

"Father, what are friends?... Are they people that you share a bit of yourself with along life's journey? Someone to keep step with for a part of the way until we take separate paths? Is there such a thing as a forever friend? One who will always be there to offer an encouraging word?

Lord, please help me to be a true friend to others. What is a true friend? Is it someone who is trustworthy; who will keep a confidence; believe the best and disregard the worst? Is it someone who will love me enough to correct me when I am wrong and then forgive me?

Lord, I have had so many friends throughout my life. Thank you for those special people whose lives have touched mine. I pray that when others look back on their friendship with me they will have happy memories too."


Faithful
Reliable
Interested
Enduring
Natural
Dependable
Sensitive
Helpful
Involved
Prayerful

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails