Monday 7 April 2008

My Daughter

I have wanted to write about my daughter, Joy; to publicly acknowledge all that she has done and been for me since I was first diagnosed with ovarian cancer. What came to mind was to create an alphabet of sorts that would mention many of the ways she has blessed me.

Adapted quickly
Baked cookies & muffins
Cooked dinners
Drove me places
Encouraged me
Found her strength in God
Gave gifts
Helped out
Interceded in prayer
Joyful
Kind
Loving
Managed the household
Never gave up
Organized
Prayed for me
Quick to act
Reliable
Sensitive
Trustworthy
Understanding
Valuable member of our family
Washed piles of clothes
X-tra special
Yielded much fruit
Zealous in wanting me to eat healthy natural foods

"But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control." Galatians 5:22,23a (NLT)

5 comments:

littlesis said...

Joy has been an amazing support for you and the family through these long months. She's a wonderful, giving person--you must be so proud of her!

Belinda said...

What a wonderful tribute to your daughter Debbie. God's gift to you, as you are to her.

Spring is in the air!

Song of Solomon 2:12

Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves
is heard in our land.

dancer's sister said...

I have to confess this is the first time in awhile that reading your blog made me weep- I too am so thankful for Joy. She is a lovely daughter and I hope that my own daughter (who so often resembles a younger Joy) grows up to be like her. Joy is a wonderful, precious girl. Thank you Joy for being right there for your mom, my sister.

Anonymous said...

Joy is a delightful young lady. It is a pleasure for us to see how she is so helpful to you and that she sets an example to the family. We pray for each of you EVERY day. Thank you Jesus for giving us Joy as a grandaughter. Mom and Dad

Sassiekiwi said...

Hi Lifedancegirl

I came across your blog while researching on the valley of achor. Great blog and I love the way your heart for God shines through. I am glad you are through your chemo and wish you all the best in your journey ahead.

I just posted on my blog this week something that I think will fit you ... it's on the theme of "winter is over, spring is come" ...

Peace

Sassiekiwi
http://carpentershand.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails