Sunday 24 June 2007

Time to Fly

I know that I have been created to "fly", if I use the analogy of a bird. I have spent long enough time in the nest. It was quite comfortable in the nest. I knew the routines; what was expected of me; what roles I was to fulfill. I don't like change. I am most comfortable when things are peaceful; others are doing their part and I am doing mine.

God allowed me to be pushed from the nest, but instead of flying right away, I fell to the ground and my wings were broken. Time has passed and the Lord has healed my broken wings. I have been challenged to discover what God is doing around me. I can only see that when I fly. It is easy to build another nest; there are plenty of materials at my disposal. Yet that is not what God has called me to do. It wasn't a matter of changing nests, but rather that I am to fly.

My husband Dan wrote a song that ties in with this theme.

On The Wings Of An Eagle (Dan Antonio - September 20,2005)

On the wings of an eagle you will fly
Let the wind of My Spirit lift you high
Above the storm where the sun always shines
On the wings of an eagle you will fly

Cast your cares on Me
Your pain and sorrows too
Disappointment and broken dreams
I've a plan and purpose for you

I don't see you thru the eyes of sin
I see you thru a heart of love
You are beautiful and precious in My sight
You're My child, My heart's delight

"Have you never heard or understood? Don't you know that the Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth? He never grows faint or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. He gives power to those who are tired and worn out; he offers strength to the weak. Even youths will become exhausted, and young men will give up. But those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. they will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint." Isaiah 40: 28 - 31 (NLT)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails