Friday 20 July 2007

A Choice

I am continuing to type up my reflections and impressions from my journals. I recently came across this journal entry from September 2002.

"Something hit me like a ton of bricks. When I was under legalism I obeyed God because I had to. I knew what was expected of me. It wasn’t a choice, but a robotic submission. My emotions were suppressed; my mind was confined. God liberated my mind, will and emotions. I began to feel things that I hadn’t for years. I went through a time of adjustment, from one extreme to another. I have been listening to a teaching series on holiness by Joyce Meyer. She was saying that we shouldn’t be ruled or controlled by our emotions. I asked the Lord if this was the case, why would He restore my emotions to me instead of allowing me to remain in legalism? He spoke to my heart that now I had a choice to obey or not. Now I could fully feel and desire to do things that I was supposed to do and I could also choose to obey and to do what is right even when it would go against my feelings."

"I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart." Psalm 40:8 (NIV)

"Give me understanding, and I will keep your law and obey it with all my heart." Psalm 119:34 (NIV)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails