Sunday 14 October 2007

Sunday Morning

"I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord." Psalm 122:1 (KJV)

This morning I went to church for the first time since Labour Day Weekend. I was greeted warmly by everyone. It was so good to worship corporately with the rest of the body of Christ. I sat for most of the worship time as I got tired when standing. There were a couple of times that my spirit was dancing within me. After the announcements, Carol said "I see Debbie is here today" and many in the congregation responded by clapping. It is so good to belong to a body of believers who love and care for each other. After the service several of the women gathered around me. Each one hugged me and assured me of their prayers.

I will only be able to attend corporate worship about once every three weeks. I have my next chemo treatment this week and so I will not feel up to attending church the following Sunday. The next Sunday will be in the time period that I will have very little immunity and cannot be around crowds or anyone with colds. I am looking forward to the third Sunday after chemo when I again will be able to worship corporately with my brothers and sisters in Christ.

"How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity! It is like precious oil poured on the head, running down on the beard, running down on Aaron's beard, down upon the collar of his robes. It is as if the dew of Hermon were falling on Mount Zion. For there the Lord bestows his blessing, even life forevermore." Psalm 133:1-3 (NIV)

3 comments:

Angcat said...

Hi Debbie,
You are my hero. I didn't find out till recently about your journey as I missed Writer's Nest and our computer was down, but now you are in my prayers. I love reading your blog. The Lord is obviously upholding you with His right hand. Isn't it amazing that when we are in our deepest struggles that is when the Lord moves through us to encourage others. That is what you are doing! The Lord is good.
Love from Angie

dancer's sister said...

I was so happy to see you smiling and laughing this past Sat. I love you.

littlesis said...

This blog brings tears to my eyes. I can imagine your heart and soul dancing--I bet your feet were itching to follow! Also, I am so thankful for everyone who brings a spot of sunshine to you and wraps you in a hug. These people are true expressions of God's love for you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails