Tuesday 30 October 2007

Restoring What Was Hidden

My children had decided to replenish my "Sunshine Basket". One morning when I awoke I found a framed photograph sitting on a chair in my living room. It is a photograph of me as a 16 year old performing a liturgical dance with two other dancers.

Last night I was thinking about the photograph. That picture was "hidden away" in an old photo album for over thirty years. My ability to dance and my love of dance was also "hidden away" for thirty years, but God restored it. Just as the photograph is now beautifully displayed in a lovely frame, so too I have been on display using the gift and ability that God has given me. God was able to restore that dream and desire and ability to dance after thirty years, so I know that He is able to restore it anew after my cancer. God is a God of restoration. He takes what is hidden and makes it known.

2 comments:

littlesis said...

The image I've held tight to since your diagnosis is of you dancing at Unionville Alliance Church. I see you in my mind's eye and smile knowing that one day you will dance again!
And the photograph--it is beautiful!!!

ruth at comfort cafe said...

I can so appreciate your love of dance. I have "danced with my hands" before while driving my car. May the Lord soon restore the ability to express physically your loving heart towards him.

Ruth

Related Posts with Thumbnails