Thursday 19 June 2008

Patience

I was thinking about my life, and how much of it centers around the need for patience. I have written in boldface the words that came to mind regarding Patience. I then sought scriptures that conveyed the impression God was giving me regarding these words.

A suggestion I have is to read this twice. First read only the boldface words. On the second read-through, just read the scriptures one after another. You will find that they flow from one to another and it is my desire that you will be as encouraged as I was.

Peace
"And now, dear brothers and sisters, let me say one more thing as I close this letter, Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned from me and heard from me and saw me doing, and the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4: 8,9 (NLT)

Assurance
"Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10: 22,23 (NIV)

Trust
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths." Proverbs 3: 5,6 (NLT)

Insight
"And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ - to the glory and praise of God." Philippians 1: 9-11 (NIV)

Expectancy
"For I live in eager expectation and hope that I will never do anything that causes me shame, but that I will always be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past, and that my life will always honor Christ, whether I live or I die." Philippians 1:20 (NLT)

Near
"The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth." Psalm 145: 18 (NIV)

Certainty
"Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. Therefore, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, it seemed good also to me to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilius, so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught." Luke 1: 1-4 (NIV)

Endurance
"For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope." Romans 15: 4 (NIV)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails