Saturday 3 November 2007

Coping In Hard Times

I am going for my third round of chemotherapy on Thursday. I want to get the most out of the time before I do. It is as if I enter a place of not being myself. It is as if the chemo takes over my body and directs or inhibits its movements. I am stiff and restless at the same time. It is hard for those who live with me. They long for the days when I "am back"; when I have freedom of movement, stability and ease. I too covet those days and I don't look forward to experiencing the side-effects of chemo that threaten to wreck havoc in my life. I know that the chemo is working to shrink the tumour and rid my body of cancerous cells. I have to keep that in mind when I start to feel pressed down by the weight of the effects.

I have had a good week. The Lord has brought encouragement to me through various people. I know that I will again have good weeks after my hard weeks. That is what also gives me hope and helps me cope with the tough times. Even in the hard times I know that God is with me, helping me through them.

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1 (NIV)

1 comment:

Belinda said...

Debbie, you are in my thoughts and prayers often. I'm glad you're recording your journey here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails