Friday 23 November 2007

Friends

I have been blessed with many friends. Friends are the "hands of Jesus" in my life. I sense God's love for me through the various acts of kindness that my friends do for me and my family. I want to share some examples of the ways that people have reached out to me and blessed me.

We have in our church a missionary couple from Brazil, whose first language is Portuguese. One day recently the wife appeared on my doorstep. She wanted to share a scripture and pray for me. As she sought to find the "right" English word to express her heart for me I was blessed by her loving care for me. That same day a friend from my past, who I have recently been more in contact with, blessed our family with dinner. What makes that a special action is that she lives over 45 minutes away from me.

A lady in my church blessed our family with a full course meal that was "fit for company". I was overwhelmed by the thought and work involved. Later, when my husband returned all her dishes, she and her husband prayed for each member of my family. My husband and I felt loved and cared for.

My pastor and his wife visited me when I was in Emergency. They had come because of an urgent prayer request that was called in to the church. I asked if they were in the neighbourhood or visiting others in the hospital and they said no they came just to see me. They prayed for me and I again felt loved and cared for.

There have been many others too numerous to mention who have called; sent cards;made soup; brought meals; and prayed. This season of my life has been marked by God loving me through His people.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails