Saturday 17 November 2007

God's Faithfulness To Me

I want to share the good things that God has done for me.

When I went for my pre-chemo checkup, I mentioned to the doctor all the strange symptoms I had been experiencing. She said that it is the Stemetil, the anti-nausea drug they routinely prescribe. I happen to be one of the few people that violently react to it. There are other drugs that I can take in its place. This time round the side-effects are rather minimal in comparison.

Also, I had another CA125 blood test that showed a significant decrease in the levels after two rounds of chemo. The numbers went from 4095 down to 278; the normal range is 0-35. I know that the cancer is not spreading, but is being destroyed!

"I will sing of the Lord's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. I will declare that your love stands firm forever, that you established your faithfulness in heaven itself." Psalm 89: 1,2 (NIV)

"The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever" Psalm 138:8a (NIV)

3 comments:

Belinda said...

Praise God for the good news, and for your heart of praise Debbie.

littlesis said...

I am especially thankful for 3 things after reading this...1--that you did not have the same horrible side effects as last time (I felt so helpless and sad),2--that the CA125 level has lowered so much and 3--to see you write your blog again!
love and hugs

dancer's sister said...

Debbie, it is so good to talk to you on the phone- i can almost forget that cancer is present- I still am sad and sorry that you are going through this- i am so greatly encouraged, though, by your great faith and positive attitude , which I know is so genuine. I love love love you. I am glad to have come closer to you through this. you are a good woman.

Related Posts with Thumbnails