Monday 19 November 2007

Hair Loss

The most obvious place that I have lost hair is my head. My head is basically bald but I have "fuzz" that is sprinkled all over my head that is about 1/2 inch in length. My eyelashes have become sparse. I used to have full dark eyelashes. My eyebrows keep thinning, but I still have some. I no longer have nose hairs, which means that I need to keep a tissue on hand to catch any drips!

I usually wear a pink sleep hat during the day if I am at home. I sometimes go bareheaded. I am told that I have "a nice shaped head". I think that I look almost avante-guarde when I go bareheaded and wear elaborate earings! I have a pretty purple hat with sequins that I sometimes wear. I bought a scarf that matches.

I have worn my wig out in public and I am getting more used to it. I recently wore it to a friend's home, where I had been invited to lunch. I was sitting in her living room and another friend walked in and exclaimed "I like your hair!". I then told her that it was a wig and she said that it looks so much like my natural hair that she wouldn't have known. That made my day!

I am glad that hair loss is only temporary. As my hair was thinning I had my daughter buzz it to 1/2 inch length all over. Before she did she cut a lock of my hair to save. It will be interesting to see if the colour or texture changes. I didn't have many grey hairs so I am curious to see if I develop more on account of all that I am going through.

"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." Luke 12: 6,7 (NIV)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails