Tuesday 5 February 2008

A Virtuous And Capable Woman

From the time I was first admitted to the hospital, right through to the present my mother has been a big help. My parents live in a basement apartment in our home. They lead very active lives even though they are in their 70's. I am blessed to have my mother living so close to me. When I needed my mom, she was there to care for me. There were times when I felt that it should be me caring for my parents, yet here they were caring for me. I am thankful that they are in relatively good health, but it has been hard for me to be "the weak one".

My mom has contended with "mountains" of laundry and she has helped "rally the troups" to help clean up. Mom has made dinner on several occasions as well. My mother has also taken time out from her busy schedule to take me to appointments and she has been with me when I have had my chemo. The most important thing my mother has done for me, I feel, is pray. When I have felt discouraged she has been an encourager. My mother is a virtuous and capable woman and I am blessed to have such an example.

"Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? She is worth more than precious rubies. ... She is energetic and strong, a hard worker... She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs with no fear of the future. When she speaks, her words are wise, and kindness is the rule when she gives instructions. She carefully watches all that goes on in her household and does not have to bear the consequences of laziness. Her children stand and bless her. Her husband praises her: 'There are many virtuous and capable women in the world, but you surpass them all!' Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised." Proverbs 31: 10,17,25-30 (NLT)

2 comments:

dancer's sister said...

I too am thankful that mom and dad live near you (!!!). I felt better (I know, that's kind of selfish) knowing that she was always nearby. I wish to honour our mother too for all that she has done for you. She is a good woman, and the times when I was breaking down, she always had a listening ear and encouraging word for me. I love you mom (I know you'll read this some time) and thank you for looking after our sister.

littlesis said...

It has been a huge source of comfort for me knowing mom (and dad) are near you. There's no one quite like mom when you're feeling horrible. She's been there for me, too, through these difficult days--with her soothing voice, choice words and comfort. She really has been a rock for our family. I am so thankful for mom taking good care of you, your family and household. And knowing she prays, that makes all the difference in my day to day world as it does in yours. She is a wonderful example--we three are all blessed!

Related Posts with Thumbnails