Tuesday 26 February 2008

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow?

Since having a two month break from chemo my hair had started to grow. My eyelashes are now visible. I now have eyebrows! They are starting to get full, but I am waiting to shape them until they are fully grown in. My son had given me a gift certificate to a spa for my birthday, so I am planning on having my eyebrows waxed.

The hair on my head is quite dark, almost black since it hasn't been lightened by the sun. It is downy soft just after I wash it. My hair is not quite a centimetre long, but there is a small tuft of hair that sticks up. My youngest son, ever the jokester, called me Alfalfa! The tuft is only a centimetre long as opposed to several inches! I like how my hair looks now; my whole head is covered with hair. I go without a hat most days at home since my head is warm enough. A number of people have commented that I should have my hair in the style of my wig, which is a chin-length bob with bangs. I don't know what style or length I will have my hair once it is long enough to even make that decision. I might try having it quite short.

Since having my first chemo after surgery, my scalp feels as if it is burning. That was what it felt like before my hair fell out. I have one more chemo treatment this Wednesday and that is the last one. Even though my hair could again fall out I know that it is only temporary; I will have a full head of hair again.

"We know that the same God who raised our Lord Jesus will also raise us with Jesus and present us to himself along with you. All of these things are for your benefit. And as God's grace brings more and more people to Christ, there will be great thanksgiving, and God will receive more and more glory. That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present toubles are quite small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us an immeasurably great glory that will last forever! So we don't look at the troubles we can see right now; rather, we look forward to what we have not yet seen. For the troubles we see will soon be over, but the joys to come will last forever." 2 Corinthians 4: 14-18(NLT)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails