Friday 4 January 2008

Cleansing And Exercises

There is preparation for the surgery that I need to do, which reminds me of spiritual truths. It is both an inner and an outer cleansing. I need to be on a liquid diet the day before surgery; I need to take a powerful laxative and later an enema. I also have to shower with a special cleanser the night before surgery and the morning of surgery. I need to put on clean pj's; use clean towels each time; and sleep on clean sheets. This is to lower the risk of infection. There are also exercises that I need to do after surgery that will help my circulation and breathing. Surgery demands an active response from me. In order to have the best recovery I need to play an active role.

My surgery, the preparations, and the follow-up exercises are a picture of my walk with God. I need to cleanse myself from wrong thoughts, attitudes and beliefs; I need to cleanse myself from the influences of the world and the devil; I need to act in line with what God has done in my life. I can't be passive; I need to exercise my faith and what I believe and know. I may be limited at first in what I can do, but I can do something. I need to be on guard that I don't allow resentment or bitterness to creep in. The breathing and coughing exercises remind me of confessing and ridding myself of any wrong attitudes, and receiving God's forgiveness, peace and grace. If I am tempted to panic or fear I need to remember that God is in control and as I breathe in deeply, I will calm down.

2 comments:

Angcat said...

Dear Debbie,
Just want you to know that I read everything on your blog and the funny thing is that I find you, uplifting me and encouraging me in my walk. You must have been faithful with little, because now God has made you responsible in teaching many.
Thank you for that.
You are in my prayers and especially as your surgery comes up.
God bless you with every good and perfect gift.
He is Faithful and able to accomplish more than we can ask or speak or think. (paraphrase mine)

Love from Angela

Belinda said...

Dear Debbie,
I just wanted to say that I'm with you in prayer. God bless you with sleep tonight and peace tomorrow.
With love,

Related Posts with Thumbnails