Tuesday 15 January 2008

Responses To Healing

The morning after surgery one of my sisters called me and said "That's great news!" And I said "What news?" I vaguely remembered Dan saying something, but I wanted her to share what she had heard. I later asked my husband what the doctor had said. I needed and wanted to hear it again.

Not everyone's response to the news was positive. An old friend of the family suggested that maybe I had been misdiagnosed; in that I never had cancer in the first place, which would be why they couldn't find any cancer.

I think that sometimes people say things to try to explain what they don't understand or can't accept.I cannot explain why God healed me and others have not been healed. I am thankful for God's mercy, grace and compassion toward me.

"Oh, what a wonderful God we have! How great are his riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his methods! For who can know what the Lord is thinking? Who knows enough to be his counselor? And who could ever give him so much that he would have to pay it back? For everything comes from him; everything exists by his power and is intended for his glory. To him be glory evermore. Amen." Romans 11: 33-36 (NLT)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails