Sunday 20 January 2008

Revival & Vitality

I have spent the past several months just surviving; persevering; holding onto God in faith. I am weary. I know that the Lord can strengthen me. I need to rest in Him to be revived and re-vitalized. I decided to look up revive and vitality in the Webster's New World Dictionary.
"revive - [L. re - again + vivere - to live] 1. to return to life or consciousness 2. to return to health or vigor 3. to come or bring back into use, attention, popularity, exhibition, etc."
"vitality 1. power to live 2. power to endure 3. mental or physical vigor"

As I was writing out these definitions, my husband rushed into the living room to turn on the radio; "He Reigns" by The Newsboys was playing. That song was the one that I had danced to at a special worship service last summer right before I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. I started to cry. I had my eyes closed remembering the moves. I know that I will dance again. I have held onto that dream and this was a reminder.

"Praise the Lord! Praise him in his heavenly dwelling. Praise him for his mighty works; praise his unequaled greatness! Praise him with a blast of the trumpet; praise him with the lyre and harp! Praise him with the tambourine and dancing; praise him with stringed instruments and flutes! Praise him with a clash of cymbals; praise him with loud clanging cymbals. Let everything that lives sing praises to the Lord! Praise the Lord!" Psalm 150 (NLT)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails