Wednesday 16 January 2008

I Am A Survivor!

I was listening to a song about God showing up and I thought, "He did! He healed me!" I started to cry because I realized that I had been afraid that I would die, when I was first diagnosed with cancer. It seemed like a death sentence. I even had to battle fear of dying, when I went for the surgery. I now have such a sense of gratefulness to God for preserving my life and healing me from ovarian cancer. I am a cancer survivor!

"I will not die, but live to tell what the Lord has done." Psalm 118:17 (NLT)

1 comment:

dancer's sister said...

Debbie, I am so overjoyed beyond explanation that I can say my sister is a cancer survivor- I will not say my sister has ovarian cancer. I will not worry about you now. I was so afraid, too, Debbie. I did not want to lose you.
I am grateful to God for making that chemo do its job.You have
been so brave and I will forever admire you for that.
I love you more than you can know. You have remained beautiful through every bit of the process- you are beautiful still.
God bless you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails