Friday 18 January 2008

Looking To The Future

I am starting to look to the future. I will be having my last chemo treatment on February 7th, in order to completely eradicate any possible microscopic cancer cells. My hair is starting to grow again with this break from chemo so I know that it will grow again. I am doing quite well physically considering I've had major surgery.

I was recently given a book "I Saw The Lord" by Ann Graham Lotz. In it she mentions that the storms of life often hold God's message to us. I decided to read through my journal to see what God might be saying to me. I read my entries leading up to my diagnosis and then throughout this time of dealing with ovarian cancer. The main theme that stands out to me is to "trust and wait"; also that God has a plan for my life. I know that there are things that I can do once I have recovered from surgery and chemo. I need to take one day at a time and not try to plan out my whole future.

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (NLT)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails